CASE STUDYMCCS Mini-Mall and Fueling Station (Twentynine Palms, California)
Western Pump collaborated with Halbert Construction Co. to design and construct the MCCS Mini-Mall and Fuel Station at the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center in Twentynine Palms, California. Western Pump designed and built the entire fuel system for this project. The system included three (3) 20,000-gallon underground storage tanks, six (6) multiproduct fuel dispensers, a 4-column canopy structure with LED lighting, a monument price sign, a 3-terminal point-of-sale system, a tank, and a continuous monitoring system.
Scope of Work
Design & Build
Fuel Storage & Dispensing System
- Design & Engineering
- Engineered Shoring
- Excavation & Trenching
- Tank Installation
- Electrical Installation
- Secondary Containment
- Enhanced Leak Detection Testing
- Piping System Installation
- Enhanced Vapor Recovery (EVR)
- Point-of-sale system installation
- Compliance Testing
- Western Pump’s design-and-build team worked together with Halbert Co., NAVFAC, and the military’s general project architect to incorporate the design elements from the larger project into the fuel center.
- A state-of-the-art fueling facility was built to comply with California regulations for enhanced vapor recovery and environmental compliance.
Government Point of Contact
NAVFAC Southwest Division
Halbert Construction Co.